https://github.com/ethereum/pm/issues/356

> With EIP-3554 pushing back the difficulty bomb, we will need to have a network upgrade in December.
EIP3554がボムを(12月に)押し戻したので、12月にはネットワークをアップグレードする必要があります。

> In the most optimistic of scenarios, this upgrade could be the merge, but given the amount of open items on the mainnet readiness checklist, we cannot be certain of this.
最も楽観的なシナリオにおいては、この(12月の)アップグレードは「マージ」になる可能性があります。しかし、チェックリスト(※)の空白部分の量からして、それを確信することはできません。

> If we assume we have a non-merge upgrade, we need to decide whether we want to include anything else aside from another difficulty bomb delay (and whether to keep the name "Shanghai" if we only delay the difficulty bomb, or use another "glacier-themed" name :-) ).
マージしないとした場合、ボム遅延意外に何を含めるか決める必要があります。(また、ボム遅延だけの場合、上海という名前を維持するのか、それともなんちゃら氷河にするのかどうか、決める必要があります\(^o^)/)

> If we only delay the difficulty bomb, the upgrade is drastically simpler to test and implement: it is a single constant change, and will not require to be deployed on testnets prior to mainnet. This means that we could choose the appropriate delay in October, release clients in November, and upgrade in December.
もしボム遅延だけの場合、12月のアップグレードはテストと実装においてめちゃ簡単になります。これはたった1つの変更なので、メインネット前にテストネットに展開する必要すらありません。これは、10月に適切なディレイ量を選択して、11月にクライアントをリリースして、12月にアップグレードすることを意味します。

※マージのチェックリスト
https://github.com/ethereum/pm/blob/master/Merge/mainnet-readiness.md